Re: Students with Nut Allergies

We have an increasing number of students at Carreg Hirfaen who suffer from a severe allergy to nuts. For some students, coming into contact with nuts causes a potentially life threatening anaphylactic reaction. 

This reaction can be induced by smell, touch or ingestion of nuts. In order for us to reduce the risk of an anaphylactic reaction occurring at school, we would be very grateful if you could refrain from sending your child to school with nuts, or any product containing nuts, for consumption at break or lunch time.

Thank you for your cooperation with this matter.

Yours Sincerely

 

Aled Jones Evans

Headteacher